You may still be eligible to receive a payment in 2021 if:
- You did not register online, by mail and did not get a payment in 2020 or,
- You received a payment, but it wasn’t the full amount of the Economic Impact Payment. The maximum credit is $1,200, or $2,400 if married filing jointly, plus $500 for each qualifying child.
- When you file a 2020 Form 1040 or 1040SR you may be eligible for the Recovery Rebate Credit. Save your IRS letter - Notice 1444 Your Economic Impact Payment - with your 2020 tax records. You’ll need the amount of the payment in the letter when you file in 2021.
We’re committed to helping you get your stimulus payments as quickly as possible.
Please do not call the IRS about the new payment; our phone assistors do not have additional information beyond what’s available here on IRS.gov and in the Get My Payment application.
Second Economic Impact (Stimulus) Payment
You may be eligible to get a second Economic Impact Payment. In most cases, we’ll automatically send you a payment.
Check Your Payment Status
Use Get My Payment to:
- Confirm that we sent your second stimulus payment.
- Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or mail.
Data is updated once per day overnight, so there’s no need to check back more than once per day.
For answers to questions about the second Economic Impact Payment, see Questions and Answers about the Second Economic Impact Payment.
For questions about the application, see Get My Payment Frequently Asked Questions.
First Economic Impact (Stimulus) Payment
Most eligible taxpayers have received their first Economic Impact Payment.
If you didn’t get the full amount of that Payment, you may be eligible to claim a Recovery Rebate Credit when you file your 2020 federal tax return.
Use Get My Payment to:
- Check the status of your first Economic Impact Payment. Some people received their Economic Impact Payment in partial payments. If you received partial payments, the application will show only the most recent.
- Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or by mail.
For answers to questions about Get My Payment, see Get My Payment Frequently Asked Questions.
- For answers to questions about the second Economic Impact Payment, see Questions and Answers about the Second Economic Impact Payment.
- For answers to your questions about payment eligibility, amounts, what to expect, when to expect it and more, see our Economic Impact Payment Information Center.
- IRS partners can visit our Economic Impact Payment Partner and Promotional Materials for our latest products to share with clients, stakeholders, customers and constituents.